Arp-scan Desired New Features
This page contains a list of the desired features for future versions of arp-scan. Please add proposals for new features to the discussion page.
Features Implemented in SVN
The following features have been implemented in the SVN copy of arp-scan, but not yet formally released. Unfortunately the SVN version is not publicly available, but it may become available in the future.
No new features since the release of arp-scan 1.9 in July 2013.
Features on the To-Do List
The following features are on my To-Do list. This list comes from the TODO file, which is part of the arp-scan distribution.
- Code tidy up: reduce the number of global variables.
- Add support for win32 common link-layer implementation.
- Add support for Token Ring.
- Investigate response packets >60 bytes long. e.g. Windows 2003 Server and some Cisco.
- Add XML output.
- MPLS tag support.
- Use the new libpcap 1.0 API functions pcap_create(), pcap_set_XXX(), pcap_activate() instead of the old pcap_open_live() once we can be sure that all supported OSes use libpcap 1.0 or later.
- Use source_mac rather than interface_mac in the pcap filter, as suggested by Justin Keogh. This will allow arp-scan to receive packets with spoofed MAC source addresses.
- Add support for Cisco ISL VLANs in addition to 802.1Q VLANs. Suggested by Daniel at commonexploits.